New Zealand Trusts and Asset Planning Guide
Regularly updated, this essential guide to trusts and asset planning equips you with the information and guidance needed to advise in this important area of practice. It contains comprehensive commentary, supported by full-text legislation and case law as well as practical examples to help you fully understand how the law is being applied in practice.
- Regularly updated and written in a straightforward manner, the guide provides a clear understanding of the law and keeps you up-to-date with new legislation and developments
- Practical examples help you understand how the law is applied in practice
- Headnotes provide a summary of court decisions so that relevance can be quickly ascertained
- Detailed indexes make it easy to find a specific topic of interest
- Expert commentary supported by case law, legislation and other sources
Commentary, legislation, cases and bulletins relating to:
Asset planning structures and implications
- Tax planning business and funding structures
- Express trusts
- Enduring powers of attorney
- Duties of trustees
- Powers of trustees
- Rights of trustees
- Settlors' and beneficiaries' rights
- Powers of the Court
- Appointers and protectors
- Sham trusts
- Taxation of trusts
- Understanding a family trust deed
- Understanding a trading trust deed
- Charitable trust deeds
- Charitable trust board deeds
- Life insurance
- Business life insurance
- Administration Act 1969
- Charities Act 2005
- Domicile Act 1976
- Trustee Act 1956
- Wills Act 2007
New Zealand Trusts Reports can be added as part of this subscription, providing a centralised database of reported and unreported trust cases from the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. Compiled by trust expert John Brown, each case includes a detailed headnote.
Included in the service is New Zealand Trusts and Estates Law Tracker, a regular alerting service from CCH analysts that keeps you up-to-date with news and developments as they happen. Tracker alerts can be received daily or weekly, by RSS feed or email – the choice is yours.
This 12-month subscription can be accessed through IntelliConnect®, CCH’s online subscription content with powerful search functions to speed up research.
Also available in print - one volume with regular updates.