New Zealand Lawyers' Tax Companion
New Zealand Lawyers’ Tax Companion highlights the tax implications of transactions that lawyers deal with on a daily basis. Designed for the general legal practitioner, it contains concise commentary and practical checklists that provide a first point of reference when advising clients in this continually changing area of law.
Written by lawyers for lawyers, it provides a clear guide to GST and income tax issues relating to key legal areas:
- Structuring a business
- Buying and selling a business
- Compensation and damages payments
- Family law
- Real estate: sale and purchase
- Real estate: subdivision and development
- Real estate: leases and licences
- Disputes procedure
- Administration of deceased estates
- Straightforward information provides a clear understanding of relevant tax law
- Organised into common legal transactions, making it easier to find the information required
- Practical examples, case studies, precedents and checklists illustrate how the law is applied in practice
- Common issues highlight potential pitfalls to help avoid costly mistakes
- Bulletins keep you updated on recent news and developments
Email bulletins twice a year summarising recent updates and highlighting relevant news and developments in the area of tax law.
This 12-month subscription can be accessed through IntelliConnect®, CCH’s online subscription content with powerful search functions to speed up research.
Also available in print with regular updates.