CCH Business Fitness Update - July 2019
Latest Content Updates #239
Accelerate August 2019 | Published July 2019
This issue focuses on farming businesses:
- Proof you can profit from going ‘eco’ on your farm
- Agricultural Apprenticeships – are they fruitful?
- Take stock and thrive
- Health and Safety: Say it loud and proud to lower the risk
- Business Health Check
- Key tax dates
Rates and dates | Published July 2019
We’ve updated a slew of guides and fact sheets for changes to parental leave, the kilometre rates, and the square metre rate:
- Allowances and benefits
- FBT and Company Vehicles
- Home Office Expenses
- Motor Vehicle Deductions
- Parental Leave
- Rates and Thresholds Table
- Reimbursing Allowances Paid to Employees
- Rental Deductibility Table
Workpapers | Published July 2019
A BETA release of the Workpapers Add-in is available and there are minor changes to CCH Workpaper worksheets. The Dividend Electronic Workpapers have been updated for the 2020 tax year.
Changes to CCH Workpaper worksheets:
- Q1 - change the standard provisional tax payments from three to two when the client is a 6-monthly GST filer
- O1 - pull through dates into interest calculation area
- T2 - Unlisted PIE Income section - fix supporting docs links
- Q3b - update formula at K65 to remove value pulling from Q3a!I89
- A2t – amend formulas so that Overseas CV from T2 pulls through to FIF rather than overseas dividends
- A2t – amend formulas so that Overseas FDR/CV Exempt on T2 pulls through to Overseas income rather than FIF
- Q1 - amend formula in cell R16 where A2t!rOverseasRWT is being included twice
- H1 Asset Maintenance - update hyperlink to link directly to the CCH Depreciation rate finder (complimentary access for all users)
Calculators | Published July 2019
We’ve updated our Business Valuation workbook and the Income Equalisation Deposit Scheme Cost Calculator.
Changes to the Business Valuation workbook:
- Headings and help descriptors added to the top of each section to assist in completing each section.
- Rows added to assist with calculation of acceptable minimal return and provide link to website with current interest rates to assist in determining appropriate reasonable interest rate to use.
- Rows added to the super profit calculation to provide transparency as to what is and isn't included in the profit calculation.
- Option added to calculate average profit figure over 1-5 years within the worksheet.
- Opportunity cost calculator added at the bottom of the sheet to compare return if money invested elsewhere.
The Income Equalisation Deposit Scheme Cost Calculator has been restyled and users can now increase the deferred period from 2 to 5 years.
Company amalgamations | Published July 2019
The Companies Office no longer offer their pre-checking service so we’ve updated our Company amalgamation content accordingly.
AML | Published July 2019
DIA has published new guides for accountants to their website so we’ve updated links in AML content:
- Is your accounting practice captured
- AML for Accountants
- Guidance list
- What do accountants have to do to comply with AML
We love hearing from you! Have any questions or feedback? Then drop us a line.
Need more information?
Contact the CCH Business Fitness team:
Phone 0800 10 58 60 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 10391, Bayfair, Tauranga 3152
68 Paterson Street, Bayfair, Tauranga 3116