The toolkit for helping accountants guide farming clients
Help for your farming clients
We have joined forces with ANZ bank to develop AgriVisor - an innovative collection of tools to help accountants work with their farming clients to improve financial and business literacy within the agricultural sector.
What does AgriVisor do?
Acting as a tool palette for accountants, the toolkit focuses on improving the financial literacy and business knowledge of your farming clients. The kit facilitates assisting and advising farm owners and operators with their business issues from compliance matters, dealing with bankers and other useful resources to make their business more efficient and profitable.
- A portable, accessible product that can be easily utilised when off-site
- Backed by hands-on support services including webinars for accountants and information resources such as newsletters and guides
- Improves your farming client’s business literacy and sharpens their performance and allows them to understand how you can help them and see the value of the services you provide
Farming is incredibly different to accounting. As an accountant, you want to provide a top service to all your clients, but as you know, all clients are different. So we’ve included conversation starters, engagement tips and reminders, so you know how and when to check in with your farming clients. Also provided is a concise glossary and breakdown of information on the farming industry, so your team can go to your clients, armed with the confidence that you know exactly what your client needs.
What’s in it?
- Procedures for the annual client meetings
- FAQ on benchmarking
- Steps for creating and checking in with the business plan
- Guides to facilitate family advisory board meetings
- Steps for setting up a family advisory board
- Procedure and tools to conduct planning sessions for clients
- FAQ on common business structures
- FAQs on running family businesses and succession planning
- FAQ on different aspects of tax
- Interactive budgeting tool
What is governance and why is it so important? We break this down for your farming clients with detailed information on how it applies to farming businesses, including the importance of directors meetings and advisory boards and provide the tools to help manage this process.
Business Management Cycle
Guide your clients through the business management cycle by covering planning, monitoring, evaluating and assessing. This section of AgriVisor has been broken down to highlight the importance of checking in with the business plan.
Livestock workpapers are updated annually with required changes, so that you don’t have to.
Client touch points
That daunting and time consuming task that is often thrust into the not so important pile. Well don’t worry, we have a tax/rural focused newsletter that is written for you and comes out 3 times a year. Simply drop in your logo and it’s good to go.