About The Agri-Industry Summit
CCH Learning's flagship summit conference will return for the second time in 2017.
Following on from the success of the first 2015 summit, the 2017 Agri-Industry Summit will be held in Napier at the newly redeveloped Napier Conference Centre. The Summit’s two day programme will feature a diverse range of presentations from thought leaders, practitioners and advisors from a broad spectrum of primary industry and related organisations.
The summit will provide delegates with varied and informative discussions around some of the key issues, challenges and growth opportunities for New Zealand’s Agri Industries.
Opening with welcoming drinks at the iconic art deco Masonic Hotel and with a Gala dinner to be held at stunning Church Road Winery, the conference will provide plenty of social networking opportunities for both delegates and sponsors.
Who will be attending
The innovative mix of presentations will appeal to
- Farm advisors
- Government policy makers
- Executives in agriculture and horticultural industries
- "It was a privilege to be involved in such a quality well run event and look forward to the next one."
- "I loved the conference, it exceeded my expectations"
- "Success breeds success, the feedback I have heard was very good"
- "From both a sponsor’s and a delegate perspective I thought it was excellent"
The theme of the 2017 conference is Future Thinking – Maximising the Agri Opportunity.
- Global changes, challenges and trends
- Innovation and disruptive technologies
- Information for opportunity – integrating financial and productive information for investment decisions and to drive efficiencies
Chair of the Conference: Ross Verry, Syndex
The Preliminary Programme is now available.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Jaqueline Rowath, Chief Scientist, Environmental Protection Agency
- Steven Saunders, Plus Group Horticulture
- Helen Down, Advisory Boards NZ
- Sally Peart, Partner, Marks and Worth
- Ian Blackman, Director, Blackman Spargo Rural Law
- Mike Jenkins, Managing Director, Syndex
- Mike Chapman, Chief Executive, Horticulture New Zealand
- St John Craner, Director, TRACTA, Agribusiness Champions
- Chris Alderson, Director Health & Safety, PwC
- Nicole Rosie, Chief Executive, WorkSafe NZ
- Jeremy Anderson, Head of NZX Agri
- Matthew Pickering, Rural Coach & Facilitator, Coach Approach Rural Ltd
- Con Williams, Agri Economist, ANZ
- Dianne and Richard Kidd, Whenuanui Farm
- Nathan Meo & Leigh Austin, Relationship Managers, Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)
- Simon Limmer, Chief Operating Officer, Zespri
Conference - Napier Conference CentreThe Agri-Industry Summit is being held at the Napier Conference Centre on Napier’s picturesque waterfront. The newly refurbished conference centre has substantially expanded exhibition spaces and beautifully designed conference facilities.
Welcome Drinks - Masonic HotelArriving delegates, speakers and sponsors will be welcomed with complimentary drinks and nibbles at the Gatsby Bar in the iconic Masonic Hotel just along the waterfront from the conference centre.
Gala Dinner - Church Road WineryThe Gala Dinner, featuring a keynote speaker, will be held in the the striking Tom McDonald Cellar which opens out to the parkland.
Pre-dinner drinks will be served in the atmospheric Cuve Room which is dominated by stunning large oak cuves and will feature food and drink from a variety of local producers.